Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an active USB extension cable from Monoprice!
This is a bus-powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device without any signal loss or potential performance problems. It contains active electronics, which boost the USB signal for maximum reliability and performance over extended distances. The cable operates as self-powered extender, for use with USB cameras, printers, webcams, keyboard/mouse, etc.
It is a true plug-and-play device. No additional drivers are required. It supports Windows® 98/2000/XP/Vista®/7, Mac® OS X® 10.0 or higher, and Linux®. It can also be used with many types of USB devices, including the Xbox® Kinect®* and the Eye of the PS3® Move™!
- USB A male to A female extension
- Gold-plated connectors
- 26/22 AWG wires
- Compliant with USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps) standard
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.0/1.1 standards
- Active USB extension cable
- Ensures good signal quality to meet USB 2.0 specification
- Extends USB signal up to 20 meters (65 feet)
- Operating temperature range from +32 ~ +176°F (0 ~ +80°C)
- Compatible with Windows® 98/2000/XP/Vista®/7, Mac® OS X®, Linux® and many types of USB devices, including the Xbox Kinect and the eye of the PS3 move.
* Important notes for Kinect users:
1. You can use this cable to connect the USB version of the Kinect only. It is not compatible with the proprietary Kinect connector. If you have a Kinect connector, please use PID 8487.
2. The Kinect requires more power than traditional USB ports are capable of providing. In order to prevent damage to equipment, Microsoft has designed the Kinect with a proprietary connector. If your Kinect did not come with a USB/Power adapter, you must purchase one from Microsoft before you can use this extension cable.
Monoprice™ and all Monoprice logos are trademarks of Monoprice Inc.
Microsoft®, Windows®, Vista®, Xbox®, and Kinect® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple®, Mac®, and OS X® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PlayStation® and PS3® are registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Move™ is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
After the order has been placed, shipping takes about 5-7 business days. Our warehouse is located in the Netherlands.
What do I have to pay for shipping?
Shipping to the UK is free for all orders over £30. For orders below £30 shipping costs are £3.79. Custom fees are also paid by Monoprice GmbH.
Shipping to Jersey, Isle of Man, Guernsey:
- Orders above £50: £4.99
- Orders below £50: £9.99
What are the returns policy?
You can return your items to us for free within 30 days without giving a reason.
How does the return work?
If you do not like an article, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a free return label. Please print the return label, stick it on the carefully sealed package and hand it over to your local post office. Please keep the document with the tracking number carefully.
Length was good
Purchased this 65' active USB cable for use with my Logitech 920 webcam. Everything worked perfectly without any issues. Picture and sound were perfect.
It's a cable, it's 65' long and it works.Of note there are two "repeaters", so if you have to tuck this under a carpet or something, be aware. I had no trouble with this, needed to put 2 printers in another room and this was cheaper than setting up a print server. The hub that the printers are connected to is bus-powered too, kind of surprised that works. I'm attaching a picture of the USB device tree to illustrate the hub situation.
I needed this to go from my workshop computer to the other side of the garage to plug in a MiniDSP and Omnimic measurement microphone, and both devices work great on the other side of the room.
I purchased three of these cables to extend the leads on three separate PS3 EYE cameras. The cameras are part of a live video feed for my VJ setup. I cannot see / haven't noticed any degradation of video signal quality with these USB extensions. They simply work and they work very well. Construction and materials are robust. While I have not tried all possible types of USB peripherals with these cables, having passed the video test, I feel that these cables will probably work with most any other USB device out there.