USB-C to HDMI Adapter - White, Supports Up To 10Gbps Data Rate & USB 3.1 SuperSpeed - Select Series by Monoprice
- Product SKU: 113235
- Category: Adapters & Chargers Bestsellers Home Office USB Adapters & Converters
- One thing that is common among all the various USB Type A and Type B connectors is that they are all asymmetrical, which means that there is a top and a bottom, as anyone who has fumbled around trying to insert a USB cable by feel can attest.
- The new connector is only slightly larger than the older mini and micro Type B connectors, which means that it can be used on mobile devices, replacing the existing use of mini or micro connectors.
- In addition to the new connector, the USB 3.1 standard increases the data transfer rate to 10GBps, which is fast enough to carry full HD video and multichannel, uncompressed audio.
- This 4-inch video adapter features a male Type C connector on one end and a female HDMI connector on the other end.
USB-C™ is here and it is a real game changer!
- New reversible Type-C™ connector plugs in the first time, every time!
- Use a single cable for power, video, networking, and data
- USB 3.1 SuperSpeed+ supports up to 10Gbps data rate
- Charge and power devices with up to 100 watts of power
Until this point we've had to deal with a number of different USB connector types with different shapes and sizes. One thing that is common among all the various USB Type-A and Type-B connectors is that they are all asymmetrical, which means that there is a top and a bottom, as anyone who has fumbled around trying to insert a USB cable by feel can attest. The old USB standards are also relatively slow and can carry very little charging power.
The USB 3.1 standard introduces the new symmetrical/reversible Type-C connector. The new connector is only slightly larger than the older mini and micro Type-B connectors, which means that it can be used on mobile devices, replacing the existing use of mini or micro connectors. Also, unlike the earlier use of different connectors for the host (Type-A) and peripheral (Type-B) devices, the Type-C connector is used at both ends. Best of all, the connector is symmetrical, which means no more fumbling around to figure out which side is supposed to be on top. Just grab either end and plug it in!
In addition to the new connector, the USB 3.1 standard increases the data transfer rate to 10GBps, which is fast enough to carry full HD video and multichannel, uncompressed audio. The standard also increases the power handling capabilities to 100 watts, which means that USB-C will replace existing power, video, networking, and data cables. Apple is taking this to the extreme, with the latest MacBook Air® featuring only a single USB-C port for charging, video, and connecting peripheral devices.
This 4-inch video adapter features a male Type-C connector on one end and a female HDMI® connector on the other end.
USB Type-C™ and USB-C™ are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum, Inc.
HDMI®, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
Apple®, Mac®, MacBook®, MacBook Air®, and OS X® are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Chrome OS™ is a trademark of Google LLC.
Microsoft® and Windows® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
After the order has been placed, shipping takes about 3-4 business days.
Please notice: We’re experiencing temporary delays up to 2 weeks. For more information visit COVID-19 Update.
What do I have to pay for shipping?
Free shipping for orders over £29.
What are the returns policy?
You can return your items to us within 14 days without giving a reason. We expect the items to be in their original condition upon return.
How does the return work?
If you do not like an article, you can return it to us within 14 days of delivery. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a return label. Please print the return label, stick it on the carefully sealed package and hand it over to your local post office. Please keep the document with the tracking number carefully.